Good professional soccer players will almost always tell us that they have to discipline themselves and sacrifice their normal teenager’s life for them to learn the basic rudiments of football drills.
Money and fame are the results of these players’ sacrifices. But it was not easy to climb the portals of fame because they have to train hard in order to football skills. How do they obtain their goal successfully? By advocating seven important steps in the game of soccer. What are these?
- A desire to improve: Keep in mind that you are not the best player so that you will always strive to improve your game.
- Practice, Practice, Practice: Famous professional players spend most of their time in the open field to practice. Practice makes perfect. This adage is always true. Put extra weight to practice, practice and more practice.
- Recognize your weak points: A player should always recognize that he or she has weak points which will determine the outcome of the game. If you know your weak points then improve on it. If your left foot is your weak point then make it a goal to strengthen your left foot so that it will be your secret weapon in future games.
- Practice different positions: Versatility is one asset to your game. It is always an advantage if you also master different positions in the game of soccer. You can be a good mid-fielder but there is no harm if you also know the right or left fielder position.
- Be a team player: You are not alone when you play soccer. This is a team game. You have to consider other members of your team even if you are the best. Always observe your team when you are in the fame. A good assist can always win games especially in soccer.
- Listen to your coach: Listening to your coach is always a prerequisite of a better soccer player. Remember, your coach sees better the game you are playing and is always in a position to give good instructions to win the game.
- Have fun! Almost all the team games if not all are always played with an outlook that it should always be fun. The more you know the game the more it is fun to play. So have fun.
These seven steps should be put to practice now that we know them.